Registration Strip Icon for alerts Registrati per avvisi in tempo reale, portafoglio personalizzato e movimenti di mercato.

George W Muppet Worst President Ever Come In For A Laugh

- 16/6/2004 11:41
fenec007 N° messaggi: 3 - Iscritto da: 03/3/2000
""I''m honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.""

?Bush, meeting with Iraqi citizens who received medical care in the U.S., May 25, 2004

We''re now saying, democracy must flourish. And as I recall from my history, it took us quite a while here in the United States, but nevertheless we are making progress.""

?Bush, in a ""Meet the Press"" interview shown Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004, discussing Iraq''s transformation to democracy

""The recession started upon my arrival. It could have been some say February, some say March, some speculate maybe earlier it started, but nevertheless it happened as we showed up here.""

?Bush, in the same interview, discussing the economy

""I don''t speak ill of anybody in the process here. I think if you went back and looked at my comments, you will see I don''t attack.""

?Bush, in the same interview. (The Washington Post reported on Feb. 20 that the Bush re-election campaign will spend ""tens of millions of dollars"" on a negative ad campaign focusing on the likely Democratic nominee, Sen. John Kerry.)

""A new Iraq will also need a humane, well-supervised prison system.""

?Bush, speaking at Carlisle, Virginia, May 24, 2004

""Iraq is free of rape rooms and torture chambers.""

?Bush, remarks to 2003 Republican National Committee Presidential Gala, Oct. 8, 2003

""One thing is for certain: There won''t be any more mass graves and torture rooms and rape rooms.""

?Bush, press availability in Monterrey, Mexico, Jan. 12, 2004

""Saddam Hussein now sits in a prison cell, and Iraqi men and women are no longer carried to torture chambers and rape rooms.""

?Bush, remarks on ""Winston Churchill and the War on Terror,"" Feb. 4, 2004

""It''s important for [the United Nations''] words to mean what they say, and as we head into the 21st century, Mark, when it comes to our security, we really don''t need anybody''s permission.""

?Bush, during a press conference in 2003 (in the 21st century)

Source: Federal Document Clearing House, ""President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference,"" March 6, 2003

""This is a Shia fella.""

?Bush, in a ""Meet the Press"" interview shown Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004, discussing Iraqi religious plurality

""A free, peaceful Zimbabwe has got the capacity to deliver a lot of goods and services which are needed on this continent in order to help aleve suffering.""

?Bush, making a plug for ""Aleve"" pain reliever in speaking about alleviating suffering in Africa

Source: The White House, ""President Bush Discusses U.S.-Africa Partnership from South Africa, Press Availability with President Bush and President Mbeki of South Africa,"" July 9, 2003

""I used the expression ''ride herd.'' I don''t know if anybody understood the meaning. It''s a little informal in diplomatic terms. I said, we''re going to put a guy on the ground to ride herd on the process. See them all scratching their heads.""

?Bush, realizing few people understand him when he speaks

Source: New York Times, ""The President''s Trip, In the President''s Words: ''A Mutual Desire to Work Toward the Vision,"" June 5, 2003

""We''ve had a great weekend here in the land of the enchanted.""

?Bush, referring to New Mexico, ""The Land of Enchantment""

Source: Federal Document Clearinghouse, ""George W. Bush Delivers Remarks on Jobs and Growth in Albuquerque,"" May 12, 2003

""These people don''t have tanks. They don''t have ships. They hide in caves. They send suiciders out.""

Source: Federal News Service, ""Remarks by President George W. Bush At Welcome Rally,"" Nov. 1, 2002

""A lame duck session, for people who don''t know what that means, it means the Senate is coming and the House is coming back between now and Christmas and they''ve got a few days to get some big things done.""

Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, ""President Bush Holds Press Conference, Presidential Hall, Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Office Building,"" Nov. 7, 2002

""You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.""

Source: United Press International, ""Bush Proposes Increase in Education Funds,"" Mark Kukis, Feb. 21, 2001

""I''m also not very analytical. You know I don''t spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things.""

?Bush, reassuring us that the wartime president of the most powerful nation on earth does not think too much

Source: Federal Document Clearing House, ""Roundtable Interview of the President by White House Press Pool,"" June 4, 2003

""I''ve got very good relations with President Mubarak and Crown Prince Abdullah and the King of Jordan, Gulf Coast countries.""

?Bush, confusing the Gulf Coast with the Persian Gulf

Source: Public Papers of the Presidents, ""Interview With Print Journalists,"" June 2, 2003

""I am the master of low expectations.""

Source: Agence France Presse, ""Bush Says Middle East Summit ''Met Expectations'',"" June 4, 2003

""We ended the rule of one of history''s worst tyrants, and in doing so we not only freed the American people, we made our own people more secure.""

?Bush, on regime change in the United States

Source: Federal Document Clearinghouse, ""President George W. Bush and Australian Prime Minister John Howard Hold Joint Media Availability,"" May 3, 2003

Lista Commenti
3 Commenti
1 di 3 - 19/6/2004 12:30
goodolboy N° messaggi: 71 - Iscritto da: 22/3/2004
Bush is now hemorrhaging votes with this second beheading and he knows it. He looked so angry at a situation out of control. I dont think it was sympathy for the dead person, from a president who seems to be able to send our troops to war on dubious pretexts quite easily. As regards the 'bad guys' they killed for the murder, well they were probably just random 'bad guys' we took out, so the 'perpertrators' look like they have have been bought to justice.

As far as I can see America dont care about the fate of the extremeists, they are too focused on another American losing their life because of the War. We maybe handing over at the end of the month and pulling the troops out a way, but if the contractors are going to be targetted, its gonna be politically really difficult, because we are supposedly talking about US civilian workers here, who are being paid to do a job of work, instead of being paid to fight.

2 di 3 - 25/6/2004 12:06
localyokel N° messaggi: 55 - Iscritto da: 04/3/2004
History may show the results of GW's presidency to be one of the most forwarding looking and brave. It takes guts to do what what we are doing. Its too soon to know. But a second term will see the World a completely different place in the Middle East especially

At the slightest provocation we will be in Syria, replace that crazyman Gadafi, knock out Arafat (I thought he was dying of Cancer...NOT)lock down the palestinians in a 'homeland' whether they like there bit of desert or not, and teach the medieval middle east about freedom.

Religionist should be give treatment for mental illness, sessions with shrinks at the very least.

I am convined 'Godism' is symptomatic of a delusional condition.
3 di 3 - 25/6/2004 13:36
texaspoker N° messaggi: 21 - Iscritto da: 22/6/2004
I think yokel is exactly right, no one can argue that the world isnt safer now that sadam isnt in power. He paid suicide bombers families in Palestine for blowing themselves up and expressed a sincere disire to get his hands on nukes. If he had nothing to hide, then why did he keep on booting up inspectors? Bush potentially could have saved us from a long term disaster and the reprecussions of his presidency will be felt for awhile. As for people that say the muslim world hates us cause of GW. I got news for you, they hated us for a looooooooooong time before that, ever since the creation of Israel, they've wanted our heads.
3 Commenti

Accedendo ai servizi offerti da ADVFN, ne si accettano le condizioni generali Termini & Condizioni

ADVFN Network